23 April 2009

sock-em-bopper

I present to you my first pair of socks! I thoroughly enjoyed making them. I finished the first in about a week and started the second immediately after, but caught the startitis bug, so the second one took about a month. They are done and I'm so pleased. Now I can start a fancy pair!

Pattern: Simple Socks for Ladies on Two Circular Needles
Yarn: Knit Picks Felici, in Martinique
Needles: 2- 24" size 2 circulars
Start-Finish: March 11 - April 21


Remember, how I was so thrilled about my Horcrux socks and the perfect yarn I accidentally bought for them? Yes, well as it turns out the yarn was not perfect. The rayon/tencel blend is not good for socks as I found out. It has no elasticity at all. So instead.. I am making a lace scarf out of the yarn, which I think will turn out beautifully. Here's a peek:

Only true love could compel a girl to make the biggest (in relation to my size 6 foot), most boring plain black socks for her boyfriend...

They are probably about 2 or 3 inches longer than this currently as I've been working on them whenever I get a spare minute this week. (I don't know what I'm saying... I knit and then do other things, such as homework and going to class, in my "spare" time). Anyway, I started these in the first week of April and I don't know who I was kidding myself to think I'd have the pair done by his birthday (April 28) or the anniversary (May 16). So... Christmas it is!

Cheers :)

1 comment:

  1. I won't tell. I ordered his b-day present this week and he won't get it until sometime in May. Maybe by your anniversary? Your socks look fab though. Am I going to have to start making socks too? I can see a great need for wool when I'm paddling and that way I can make them as cool as I want.

    ReplyDelete