29 March 2009

apple-icious

My dad's birthday is today and yesterday we had a lovely breakfast dinner for him. (To clarify: breakfast for dinner.) Tim [my sister's boyfriend/fiance] made the whole thing. French toast, pancakes, sausage, bacon, eggs. It was delicious! For my contribution, I made a Toffee-Apple Cheesecake. I've made cheesecake bars before, but this was my first real cheesecake. I was very pleased with how it turned out.



I also made him a cake to take to work. It was weird to put his name instead of Dad, haha.



In the world of all things knitterly, I am becoming a fanatic of socks. For a person who is chronically cold, I cannot see a more useful thing to knit! They are funnn. And to top it off, I finally have my own Harry Potter Opal sock yarn. I saw it years ago before I started knitting, and I wanted it just because. But now I have it AND I get to knit a pair of awesome socks :)

The colorway is Tonks. I would also like to own: Harry, Harry and Ron, Hedwig, Dumbledore, and Draco. Uhh, I think that's almost all of them.. So I'll go for the lot and add Ron and Lupin ;) I plan to knit my Tonks socks in time for the movie release this summer (July 17!)

Also, I finished my Anthropologie-Inspired Capelet. Last Monday, actually. I haven't had the time to block it yet, so pictures still to come.

Must get back to my knitting now. . .

1 comment:

  1. I found a Harry Potter scarf pattern on here before and I've been wondering what to do with it......

    ReplyDelete