27 January 2011

a little birdie once told me

 ~ through every storm and the darkness of night, there comes a patch of blue ~


Last weekend was my mom's birthday so I made her this bird garland that I found on the Sew, Mama, Sew blog. It was a really fun and simple project. Ever since making the Valentine banner, I've felt slightly obsessed with felt crafts and embroidery. I went out and bought a bunch of felt and what not. I have a very cool owl that Larri gave me the pattern to make that I hope to get around to quite soon.


Last weekend was also my Aunt Sherri's and K's sister's birthday so I whipped up some headbands for everyone (myself included!). These are so fantastic. I made about 16 headbands total. Slightly obsessive, no? I based them off this pattern, but I changed the measurements for a smaller band rather than a giant one that covered the whole head.

In case you're interested, my main piece measured 6" by 13". (If you were to use two coordinating colors, each piece would measure 3" by 13")


Aaaand a knitting FO!

Pattern: Toast
Yarn: Noro Kochoran; colorway- 53; used 116.2 yards
Needles: US 8 circ for magic loop
Start - Finish: January 26 -27
Mods: CO 32 sts. Knit for 55 rows. BO.

These are super soft! This was my first time knitting with Noro. It wasn't a bad experience. I didn't really care for all the vegetable matter that was in the yarn though. I also experienced one knot which I cut out and spit spliced the yarn back together. Overall, I love how these turned out. I love their fraternal color.

Happy crafting to all, and to all, a good night :o)

1 comment:

  1. I love the garland, you're mom must have been thrilled with her gift. Did you know I have birds in my queue? I'll be making them to hang from the drift wood on the front porch. You've been busy! I like how you said you 'spit spliced' the yarn back together, because that's a perfect term for that technique. That's a great use of the saying as well. So, now you can either embroider it or you can stencil it on your walls...what to do?

    ReplyDelete