01 March 2010

cupcakes.

I made cupcakes for my grandpa's funeral.
He always loved when I baked,
so in his memory I made some good stuff.


First up, spice cake with cream cheese icing.
The icing was quite a hit. I'll surely be making it again.

The next, white cake with pastry cream filling and buttercream icing.
This was the first time I made pastry cream and have to say it was delicious.
I think I'd like to make some Napoleons with it next. Perhaps over break.


I was really happy with how these turned out.
I can't wait to get home to do some more baking.

3 comments:

  1. What? And these are what I sent back home with you? Ohhh, big mistake on my part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the visit to my blog and the nice comment.

    These cupcakes look like great comfort food.

    I've been browsing here and found some very cool things. Love the 'Envy' neckwarmer and the 'owl' dishcloth. And the whole blog is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may want to check out this blog. She's going to take us through the whole process of making a sweater, but she's starting with raw roving. I think you may really enjoy these posts.

    http://farmama.typepad.com/farmama/

    ReplyDelete